Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Saying goodbye to Kudzu

I received the sad news that Kudzu Book Traders in Atlanta is closing at the end of March. I have been a Kudzu customer for at least 7 years and I will miss their presence in the remainder world.

Estelle Davis and her staff helped me create and maintain a highly diverse inventory. I loved browsing the cases they set up at BEA every year, and shopping easily on their website.

I have treated remainders as if they were fresh from the printing press, and I try to display the books as a little store within a big store, with subject breakouts, and themed designs. And Kudzu always treated me as a welcome friend, with professionalism, ease of ordering, and prompt delivery.

The book market has morphed into a different animal since I began in '95. It is sometimes difficult to move on to the next chapter when the current one is so good.

No comments: