Friday, December 21, 2007

ARC's at my bedside

With this holiday season consuming my time after the normal work hours-overtime in giftwrap for the last two weeks-I look forward to dipping my toe in the ARC waters. The Advance Reading Copies that I have received from various publishers have been staring at me, daring me to steal away a moment from Santa's thunder.





I have been able to begin reading Douglas Preston's Blasphemy (due out January), pure escape fiction about uber-tinker toys that need their own zip code to exist. Others I look forward to reading are The Man Who Turned Into Himself by David Ambrose (due in April) , A Short History of the American Stomach by Frederick Kaufman (due out in February).





I also have two books about birds to read-The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Womans's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird-Bruce Barcott (due out February), and The Life of the Skies: Birding at the End of Nature-Jonathan Rosen (due out February as well).





I am also really excited to read the new young adult novel from my cousin, Kevin Henkes-Bird Lake Moon (due out in May). Hopefully when I wake up from my weeklong nap after the holidays I will be refreshed to journey forth.

No comments: