Thursday, December 6, 2007

Books on my wish list-hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

The list I created for my wife to choose from-all of them, please-is wide ranging.



My first hope would be for Diane Ackermann's-The Zookeeper's Wife. This is the incredible story of how the zookeeping husband and wife team of the Warsaw Zoo survived the German occupation of Poland. The zoo became a haven not just for the animals but the townspeople as well.



My next hope would be for David Michaelis'-Schulz & Peanuts: A Biography. Charles Schulz, the quiet genius behind the Peanuts characters, is finally revealed in this intimate portrait of a man who just loved to draw, tell simple stories, and let the artwork speak for him.



One more pick would be for Bob Eckstein's-The History of the Snowman. This book caught me by surprise with the nostalgia and love presented for the rotund character that charms us all.



Finally, a hope for the big book under my tree of photographic images of various wildlife, in a studio setting, from Andrew Zuckerman called Creature. Blank backgrounds with incredibly close-up portraits. Wow!

No comments: